Saturday, December 10, 2011

Budgeting

It is December 10th and I've got 21 days left of this year, however we are going to be traveling around Christmastime, so I really have 12 days before our trip to get our family ready for a year of no spending.  What I want to do this coming week is look at some free budgeting software programs and see if we want to use one of them. In the past we've tracked our spending on Excel spreadsheets, a piece of paper with hastily drawn grids, and not tracked it at all. The years that we've tracked our monthly bills were better spending, saving and giving years for us.  That may be because we didn't have one or two extra little people in our house, but who can really tell. 

So, do you use a budgeting program (a free one) that you think would be worthwhile for me to check out? If you do, let me know in the comments below or on our facebook page by clicking here

Thanks for joining me on this journey. I've already gotten a lot of positive feedback from friends that they too are looking to stop spending and get their financial house in order.  I don't know why, but it seems many of us never learned how to budget.  If we all do it together, then we can figure things out and hopefully turn conspicuous consumption into conspicuous cheapness, conspicuous un-indebitedness, conspicuous saving, and conspicuous giving!

No comments:

Post a Comment